Your chance to walk one of our tame micro pigs around a beautiful Kentish orchard. This experience is for an adult micro pig walk for one person. Book today!
Farm Mini Break
- Group Up to 4 people
Hands-on mini break for animal lovers
Hands-on mini break for animal lovers in the heart of the Kent countryside featuring micro pigs, miniature donkey, teddy bear sheep & alpacas.
Look after the cutest micro pigs, miniature donkeys, Teddy Bear sheep, alpacas, mini chickens, ducks and turkeys on this very special mini-break in the heart of the Kent countryside.
Your chance to get back to nature in a calm and peaceful space and enjoy the company of the friendliest mini animals. Feed and groom them, walk them, learn about caring for them – love them and reconnect with each other. Step out of your stressful lives for a spot of rewinding and find a special kind of peace.
Based just minutes away from picturesque Medieval market town of Faversham, close to the creek, the coast and Canterbury.This three-night, hands on break staying on site at Huckleberry Woods micro animal adventures near Faversham in Kent is available from November to March.
- Your opportunity for an immersive animal experience with your family in the heart of the Kentish countryside
- A 3-night, hands-on break at Huckleberry Woods micro animal adventures
- Look after the micro and miniature animals, feed them, groom them, walk them, love them
- Learn new skills together
- Perfect 3-day short break in the heart of rural Kent
- Look after micro pigs, miniature donkeys, Teddy Bear sheep, alpacas, miniature chickens, ducks and turkeys
- Reconnect and make memories with your family
- Wholesome, back to nature fun away from the tech
- Outside, away from the crowds and Covid
- Suitable for animal lovers aged 9 and over.
What you will learn
- overview of the animals
- basic feeding requirements
- basics of species behaviour
- identifying normal and abnormal behaviours
- requirements for keeping them healthy and happy all year round
- paddock enrichment
- introduction to animal training
- 3pm Arrival and settle in to animal themed cottage
- 4pm Tour of micro farm and observing night time feeds
- 6am Supervised morning feeds and animal observations
- 7 am Donkey grooming
- 12 – 12.30pm Preparation of lunchtime feeds and lunchtime observations
- 1-4pm Free time
- 4pm Evening feed rounds and observations. Donkey hoof picking (depending on donkey on the day)
- 6am Supervised morning feed rounds
- 10.30– 11am Walking a harness-trained animal of your choice
- 12 – 12.30 pm Preparation of lunchtime feeds and lunchtime chores
- 1pm – 4pm Free time
- 4pm Evening feed rounds and observations
Day four – home time
- 6am Morning feed rounds
- 9am Final cuddles and goodbyes
- 10am Check out
A sweet holiday cottage near Faversham in Kent, on the grounds of the amazing Huckleberry Woods – micro farm animal attraction. With miniature pigs, miniature Mediterranean donkeys, alpacas, miniature chickens, ducks and bees. Perfect for adults and children alike.
- Private entrance, one bedroom, bathroom, living room (with double sofa bed), dining area, fully equipped kitchen with washing machine
- Sleeps up to 4 people (one double bedroom, one sofa bed)
- Central heating
- Power shower
- Towels and bedding provided.
- Free WIFI
- Free parking
- Smoke free
- No pets
- 5 minutes drive from Faversham medieval market town. Walks & bird watching close by.
- Stay 5 minutes drive from the centre of Faversham medieval market town and discover one of England’s most charming towns, nestling between the rural Kent Downs and its coastal wetlands.
- 5 minutes from wonderful walks and bird watching at the Oare nature reserve
- 10 minutes from the quiet beach at Seasalter.
- 20 minutes from Canterbury and 15 from Whitstable.
- 3 night minimum stay
- Really sorry but we can’t take dogs due to the potential risk to the freeranging animals.
Q. Is this break available for less than 3 nights?
A. 3 nights is the minimum stay, however, if you’re looking for a weekend break and need to get back for work/school on Mondays, you could consider leaving after night time feeds on Sunday evening (around 6pm).
Q. What age is this experience suitable for?
A. Animal lovers over the age of 9 who are able to stay calm around the animals.
Q. Can I bring a pet?
A. I’m afraid not, as we have animals free ranging onsite.
Q. Is this break available to book via Airbnb?
A. No. The hands on mini break is booked directly with [email protected]
Q. Can we stay at the onsite cottage without the animal care aspect?
A. Yes, you’re welcome to stay at our self-catering cottage which is available to book all year round via Airbnb. (N.B. this does not include the animal care aspect – it’s not the mini break described above. This would be the self-catering accommodation only)
For more information email [email protected] or call 07929 871465.